PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how MTT Properties & Development Sdn Bhd and its respective subsidiaries, associated companies and jointly controlled entitles. Collectively referred to as (“MTT”)use your personal data.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. MTT shall have the right to modify, updates or amend the term of this Notice at any time as needed, for example, to comply with changes in business operations or laws and regulations.
1. “Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, passport number, address, date of birth, race, nationality, credit cards details, any information about you which you have provided to MTT in prospect registration form or sales & purchase form and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and proceeded by MTT from time to time.
2. In additional to the Personal Data you provide to MTT directly, MTT may also collect your personal data from a variety sources, including without limitation when you register in any MTT projects or properties when you purchase a property from MTT at exhibitions, events, road shows or otherwise, from companies under the MTT Group or by using the websites.
3. The provision of your Personal Data is mandatory when you intend to purchase a property from MTT. If you do not provide MTT your personal data, MTT will not be able to process to your purchase application, and will therefore result in you being unable to purchase the property you are interested in.
4. The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary when register your interest in any MTT projects or properties or in any products or services offered by companies under MTT Group. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, you will not be able to (1) receive any news and updates on the latest products, services and promotions offered by MTT Group or (2) receive any news about latest events, exhibitions or road shows organized or participated by MTT.
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
Where you have purchased a property from MTT :-
(a) To process sales & purchase application, preparing legal documentation, progress stage billing, payment, correspondence letters relating to property you have purchased.
(b) To respond the questions, comments and feedback from you.
(c) Internal administrative purposes such as auditing, data analysis and improve our services.
(d) For MTT to comply with its obligation under law
And you agreed and consent to MTT using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified above and in this Notice.
5. MTT may also use and process your data for other purposes such as sending you news on the latest products, services, invitation letter,
phone call, SMS, email and promotions to inform you about events, exhibitions, or road shows which may be interest to you.
6. If you do not consent to MTT processing your Personal Data for the purpose listed in Section 5 please notify MTT using the contact detail stated in below:
SALES & MARKETING DEPARTMENT
MTT PROPERTIES & DEVELOPMENT SDN BHD No. 8-10, Jalan Sungai Air Putih,
Bandar Baru Air Putih,
11000 Balik Pulau,
Email : email@example.com
Telephone : 604 8662399
Facsimile : 604 8665388
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
7. Your Personal Data may be transferred to stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia to companies under MTT which are located outside of Malaysia and/ or where MTT’s servers are located outside Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
8. Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes of processing your properties purchase
application. Further, MTT may engage other companies, services providers or individual to perform functions on MTT behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. Such third parties include (without limitation) :
(a) Where you have purchased a property from MTT – To local authorities, such as the Land Office, Local Councils and utilities companies;
(b) Our information technology services providers;
(c) Our professional advisors and external auditors, including our legal advisors, financial advisors, real estate agents and third party property
(d) Regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
9. Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of subsidiary or a division, merger,
consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding up.
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM MINORS
10. MTT does not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor under your care to submit Personal Data to MTT. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to MTT, you hereby consent to processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.